Here at Family Fun Center of Lakeland in Lakeland, Florida we see quite a few birthday parties throughout the year, as the weather is mild in our state.We also see several parents who are unnecessarily stressed out from the whole birthday party planning process, which is unfortunate, because this is supposed to be a place of fun and laughter, not stress. We thought for those parents that need just a bit of help with not stressing, we would share the five W’s of children’s birthday party planning!
- Whom should I invite: This largely depends on the child’s age; if the child is old enough to have friends from school or preschool, we generally suggest the child’s age plus one.
- What should the theme be: This depends on if you actually want a theme. If you do, pick something the child likes but not so gender-specific, it excludes some guests
- When should I send my invites: We suggest giving a range of two to four weeks. That gives your guests time to arrange rides, get presents, etc. but not so much time that they forget about the party
- Where should I have my party: This is an easy one…at Family Fun Center of Lakeland, of course!
- Why should I have to go crazy to throw a decent kid’s party: You shouldn’t! Let us help you make everything great for your child’s special day!
So, when you are planning your child’s next party, just remember the five W’s of party planning, and of course remember Family Fun Center of Lakeland!